The first slap

The first slap
This photo was taken the day after I was diagnosed, and it is my first bitch slap at cancer. I'm the one with the icepack symbolically placed on my boob. My teammates changed our team's uniform to pink at the last minute, and I came off the soccer field that night with one goal and a whole lot of love. Several of these women are my close friends, but they are all warriors, and they all helped me set the tone for this fight.

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Today's PET-CT Results

Clear! PET-CT was CLEAR. No metastasis. C-L-E-A-R clear. The cancer is actually in four lymph nodes, not two, but still... This is good news. This puts my final pre-surgery staging at T2N2M0. That is, (largest) Tumor = 2.1cm, (lymph) Nodes affected = 4) (and 3-5 earns the classification 2), and Metastasis = 0. I believe that the cut off between stage 2 and stage 3 is three lymph nodes, so I guess that puts me at a stage 3a. But the devil (or mabye the grace?) is in the details.

BTW, my primary care physician here in Mahomet called me personally with the news, knowing I would not have wanted to wait until my appointment tomorrow at 1:00 with the radiological oncologist to find out. I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, be sure to select an ID under "comment as." Anonymous works for those who don't want to comment using their Google, Yahoo, or other ID.