The first slap

The first slap
This photo was taken the day after I was diagnosed, and it is my first bitch slap at cancer. I'm the one with the icepack symbolically placed on my boob. My teammates changed our team's uniform to pink at the last minute, and I came off the soccer field that night with one goal and a whole lot of love. Several of these women are my close friends, but they are all warriors, and they all helped me set the tone for this fight.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Second Infusion

I had my second chemo infusion today (Taxol only), and everything went smoothly. To be honest, I don't have a whole lot of news to report. I keep telling myself I'll try to get some work done while I'm sitting there hooked up to the IV, but the Benadryl that the nurses give prior to the Taxol seems to have different plans. I can't imagine being able to do any writing or reading with a Benadryl buzz, but luckily today I had my friend Kathy there to keep me company. You're awesome, Kathy! Catching up with you made the time flow more easily.

My side effects remained mild last week and today, which I'm thankful for. I've exercised regularly this week, including going XC skiing in the park by our house. However, I went very slowly for a very short distance, and just felt wiped out; like I could just stop and fall asleep on the spot. After I got home I was able to nap, but my worst side effect so far came yesterday evening, when I got body aches and a persistent head ache. It felt very flu-like, but by morning I was fine. We'll see how the meds and their effects build up in my system, but so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To comment, be sure to select an ID under "comment as." Anonymous works for those who don't want to comment using their Google, Yahoo, or other ID.